PermaBlitz #4 will be held at a rural residence in Paradise, CA. The location will be provided upon RSVP confirmation.
PB#4 is open to a limited number of Participants, please be sure to RSVP as soon as possible to ensure your spot! See below to view our RSVP ticket types and when FREE registration is open. RSVP: https://permablitz-4.eventbrite.com
We will be implementing several facets of a recently completed permaculture design for the PermaBlitz Host and site.
Projects & Activities may vary from list below.
- Plant out a berm with native plants and install drip irrigation
- Prepare a food forest for later planting
- Layout a keyhole garden bed
- Build a pad for a rainwater collection tank, connect downspout and, if time, place the tank
- Build 4-5 worm towers in raised beds using 4-6” pipe
- Inoculate logs placed for erosion control w/mushroom spawn
- Build bug hotel and talk about their benefits to garden ecosystem
- Build lizard habitat using existing materials (rocks/wood etc.) and talk about their benefits to garden ecosystem
- Build a birdbath out of existing materials to increase pollinators/birds
- Build a children’s play feature out of existing materials (music wall, stepping stone hopscotch, climbing structure… TBD)
COST: You must Register to attend
We have 5 RSVP ticket types:
- ‘Paid PB#4 RSVP’: Paid registration is open 8/23/2018. $20 and the Eventbrite fee will support this and future PermaBlitzes and secure your spot now.
- ‘Early Access PB#4 RSVP’: Free registration opens 10/1/2018 to those who qualify based on attendance (see more here: https://earthshed.org/permablitz/permablitz-2018/).
- ‘PermaBlitz #4 RSVP’: Free registration opens 10/8/2018 to the general community.
- ‘Donation PB#4 RSVP’: Donation RSVP’s open 10/8/2018. We will happily accept donations if you choose to contribute to this and future PermaBlitzes.
- ‘Volunteer PB#4 RSVP’: ticket link is sent to registered volunteers. See below for details on how to volunteer for PB#4.
RSVP: https://permablitz-4.eventbrite.com. *PB#4 REGISTRATION CLOSES ON 10/13/2018*
We need several volunteers to help us Set up and Clean up at the ‘Blitz. All volunteers receive free registration and early access. To ensure you get the RSVP ticket link emailed to you make sure to follow the instructions on the Volunteer Sign Up page here: https://www.volunteersignup.org/Q8EYH.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Paper, clipboard, and pens/pencils
- Gloves and sturdy shoes
- Water bottle in a non-glass container
- Plate, utensils, cup and napkin
- We will have some items available to use but if you have your own you can bring: chair(s) or blanket for sitting, shovel, hand pruners, and trowel
- THERE IS LIMITED PARKING! Please plan on carpooling!
- We can set up a shuttle from the Paradise Park & Ride to the PermaBlitz site if there is interest
- We will set up a carpool from Chico [at the Chico Park and Ride, Highway 32 at Fir Street –east side]
- Please let us know when you RSVP if you will carpool and/or use the PB shuttle
- LUNCH will be provided by the Host; please let us know if you have special dietary requirements when you RSVP
- Please leave your pets at home
- All participants must sign a release of liability waiver when they arrive
- The PermaBlitz will take place rain or shine
If you wish to attend and cannot RSVP online or require more information please get a hold of us directly at email@example.com.
PermaBlitzes are an education program of Earthshed Solutions. A PermaBlitz is about helping our neighborhoods become more edible and resilient one yard at a time by harnessing and building the power of community. Sign up for our newsletter or learn more here: https://earthshed.org/permablitz/